Each time she comes to Kerbeleg, Câline aux fourneaux treats us to a few delicacies or delicious “grandma’s” dishes for which she shares her secrets and tricks. As Christmas approaches, it is her legendary gingerbread, to be sliced thinly and toasted at the last minute to spread all kinds of terrines and aperitif mixtures on. On your pans, get set…
- 500g flour
- 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate
- 40cl water (2 ‘mustard’ glass)
- 250g sugar
- 110g butter
- 300g honey
- Optional: Candied fruit, nuts…
- Preheat oven to 140°C
- Butter and line the bottom of a gingerbread or cake tin.
- Melt the butter, honey and sugar in the microwave or in a saucepan
- Gradually stir in the flour, water and bicarbonate.
- Aerate the dough by making large movements
- Mix well to avoid lumps
- Put the dough in the pan
- Bake for 1h30 to 2h
- Keep an eye on the cooking time and stick a knife into the dough regularly to see if it is cooked through.