The subtle and discreet aroma of garden thyme enhances this classic strawberry jam with a hint of Provencal herb to brighten up your breakfast bread slices.
A real delight with a dab of Breton salted butter on a slice of Uncle Fafa’s “Bee & Cicada” bread.
- 1kg strawberries
- 800 g sugar
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of thyme leaves
- Hand blender
- Wash the strawberries.
- Mix them with the thyme leaves and sugar in a large container, squeeze in the lemon and leave to macerate for one to two hours.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring at regular intervals.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 2 hours.
- Leave to cool a little and mix.
- Put in sterilised jars (boiled with the lids on), taking care to close them tightly and turn them over on a tea towel until the jam sets as it cools.